Monday, June 1, 2009

Ever see a firefly??

How is a firefly looks like actually?? Ermmm.... no idea ler..

Ok, that was the conversation took place within myself few days ago when i wake up in the morning. It strikes me suddenly n yeah right, I've totally no idea what that bug really looks like even i took one ento paper during my uni time..and it's weird that i suddenly reminded myself about this fact that i had actually never see a firefly and was totally blank about how it looks like... Heard fr friends that how they caught n played with fireflies back in those day when they were still small and live in village, pity me, grow up all the time in city, never ever get a chance to take a glimpse on how a firefly really is, sigh.......

So, in order to clear my doubt, i decided to google it.


Scientific illustration by Arwin Provonsha, Purdue Department of Entomology
So this is what i get from google, hope that i'll be able to recognise it if really get to see one....

1 comment:

Sarah Knight said...

fireflies are actually beetles (not flies).

they're fantastic harbingers of summer
: )

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=24031296