Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hari ini dalam sejarah...

Today is the 40th aniversary of May 13 which happend way back in year 1969, a black history in Malaysia. Offcourse i'm not old enough to hav experienced it but to my understanding n memory, 513 is a very very sensitive n serious number even just to mention it during my childhood time by my grandma, my mum and my aunt. They are the survivors fr that incident. But to them when talking about 513, i can always remember how cautious and a bit 'kan zheong'. Story told by them was always in whispering form.... hmmmm... it really keep me feel very doubtful and curious until i finally study sejarah during my form 3.
As my grandma had passed away for so many years, story told by her to me i think is good to keep on passing down regarding this mysterious day 513 back 40 years ago..........
Back in those day (offcourse i'm not born yet) our whole family was staying in flats, as ours is at 1st floor and directly facing the staircage, on that day a mob of Malay youngsters storm up our flats and our house become the easy target. As chinese house normally hav 'thee kong' infront of the main door, when they see it, they knock the door like crazy as they're going to tear down the grille door any moment. To grandma, she thought that was the end, but luckily, our next door Malays neighbours came out, and their whole family came out to defend our house fr the mob too, after hearing the sons of our neighbour (abour mid 30's by then) argue with the mob, they finally left the whole flat..... and that's the story on how my grandma and children survived that very day incident, thx to our next door Malay neighbour, Tok Chik and her children.
Really miss that harmony type of lifestyle back in those day, our next door neighbour Tok Chik, pak chiak, kakak all r very friendly and helpful, i can still remember how kakak tought me to throw my first batu 7, playing the congkak.......i still remember when my grandma passed away, tokchik even insist on coming to pay respect to her 30 years long neigbour even she was already 90 something in age and sitting in a wheel chair regardless the chanting n joystick that r buring during the chinese ceremony.... pity is when she passed away few years later after my grandma, we were unable to pay her last respect as we r not allow to enter into the mosque....
I'll miss those day, those r the true Malaysian spirit.............

No comments: